Thursday, October 06, 2005


I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE...


Okay, so I'm just a tad neurotic, I know. But seriously, this is nothing new to anyone who knows me. Yes, I'm Mama, and I've been spying on my children almost every day for 3 weeks now. So, SUE ME!!!

The good news is that they're definitely adjusting. They were doing a whole lot of crying on the playground those first few weeks. And it just broke my heart to watch Chago sit on a little curb sobbing his little heart out while the other kids ran around having a good ole time. Or to watch Saia just stand there in the middle of her entire class with her hands clasped over her face as she wept. But they are coming around now, and although they're not fully interacting with all the other children yet, and still much prefer talking to the teachers, at least they're not little recluses anymore.

Now, I can start worrying about broken bones. That's Chago there in the middle trying to climb the swirling ladder.

The real question here, though, is will I still be stalking my children on their first dates, to the prom, on their first sleepover, on their first night in college? And, folks, I'm afraid the answer is pretty self-evident...

All together now: HELL, YEAH!!!!


No comments: