Friday, January 10, 2014

Passing down the tongs...

So, after experiencing what seemed like an inordinate amount of illnesses and critical medical conditions and deaths this past holiday season and all the way into the new year, even, either too close for comfort, virtually through FB, or on TV, it's been sitting like a ball of acid in my belly, churning and grinding, hissing and spitting...

What if tomorrow never comes?

And although I'm not really emotionally ready to deal with the actual possibility of that all too inevitable reality, I decided that at the very least...

I could teach them how to cook. 

Full meals. Great meals. Family meals. Because food is home. And sharing. And moments. And holidays. And love, and arguments, and weddings, and funerals. And that's what I want them to remember. All the levels and flavors and depths of love.

So tonight, Saita decided she would make Mama's Chicken Tacos. From scratch. On her own. And she did!!  Three hours later, we're sitting down to the absolute best chicken taco meal I have ever had in my whole. entire. life. 

And all I can taste...is her love.

2 comments:

jonet said...

This blog is definitely entertaining and also factual. osg777 I have picked a bunch of helpful advices out of this source. I ad love to come back again and again. Thanks!

Chris Camp said...

That's so awesome. Keep taking an interest in your kids. It's amazing how much stuff they pick up and the memories that are created!

Colorado Insurance Company
Colorado Bridal Hair and Makeup
Entertainment Production Company

-Chris