Sunday, July 23, 2006

SPARKLER, SPARKLER BURNING BRIGHT...

Okay, I'm back. My two-week-long-24-hour-a-day project has finally come to an...well...let's just say reprieve because it really does start back up next week. So, for now, I'm back and will try to get up as much as possible before I become a blog recluse again.

Alright, so you see the really cute pic of Chago playing with the sparklers down below (July 14th entry)? Well, because of the flurry of events since that visit, I haven't had any time to update you on the biggest chunk of news of all. Our poor Bubba suffered a minor second-degree burn from that overly friendly sparkler when it traveled a little too close to his left cheek.

The day of, he was covered in frozen peas. The day after, he looked like this: But about a week later, a few tubes of burn gel and bacitricine, a few hundred bandaids, Eucerin, and a bottle of peroxide later, and you can hardly tell it was there at all. He's been such a trooper, even the doctor congratulated him on not being afraid to pick up another sparkler after he got hurt. We were all very proud of him, and I'm veeeeeery happy to say he'll only have this photo by which to recall it. (And yes, I'll post a recent photo tomorrow for all you non-believers!!)

And for your viewing pleasure, here's a little pre-injury video of the dynamic duo and their sparklers:

If you can't see the video above, click here.


If you can't see the video above, click here.

2 comments:

Merr said...

Poor guy, I am glad he is better. When Cam was about 1 he climbed into a hot oven(at someone else's house)and got 2nd degree burns on his hand. Very scary those burns, but he is perfectly fine now, not even a scar.

saia and chago said...

Thanks, Merr. Me, too. Glad to hear Cam has no scars from that. How horrifying that must of been --- for all of you!

Jo Anna