Monday, January 08, 2007

FERGALICIOUS!!!

Alright, so since we only ever listen to children's music, rhymes, and stories on the way to and from school during the week [yes, you may safely assume I am well beyond loopy by Friday afternoon], we negotiated with the kids [because EVERYTHING'S a negotiation these days] that Mommy and I could listen to our music on the weekends.

And although we do take care to transfer the music to the front speakers when we're out and about to limit their exposure as much as possible to the likes of Snoop Dogg, Chingon, and [gasp!] the Dixie Chicks, we'll randomly hear one of them repeat a phrase from a song now and then when they've been particularly tickled by something.

For a few weeks a couple of months ago, they were hooked on Yung Joc's "I Know You See It" because of the little "eenie, meenie, miny, mo..." in the chorus. And before that you practically had to hold them down with both hands to keep them from bouncing all over the place to Dare by Gorillaz as they shouted at the top of their lungs, "IT'S DAY-UH!".

But this morning Chago woke up, came traipsing into the kitchen, and demanded that I play Fergalicious for him. And although it's a creepy enough for me to hear him singing, "D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S...", what I absolutely will NOT stand for is the blatant disregard for the English language: tasty is not spelled with an E, Fergie [as in "T to the A to the S-T-E-Y"]! For crissakes, what the hell are you trying to teach our children?!?!?!

No comments: