Saturday, May 23, 2009

MY SON, KING OF THE JEWS???

"Okay, Saia," he says from his perch on the fireplace. "I'm the King of Jews."

[WHAT?!?! I could NOT have just heard what I thought I did!]

"You be the tapir, ok?" he asks.

"Um...Chago, honey?" I call, inching my way a little closer. "Who are you again?"

Annoyed with the interruption if his game, he snaps, "The King of Jews, Mom! The King of Jews!!"

And with that, I swooped into the living room, snatching him promptly off his throne, and sat him down on the floor with me sitting directly in front of him, nose to nose.

"Son, where did you hear those words? Do you even know what that means?"

"What's wrong, Mama? Why are you upset?"

"Baby, where did you learn that? Can you tell me?"

"From a book," he says, utterly confused.

"Can you show me, please?"

And as I wait there for him to retrieve it, my mind is darting in a million directions.

"Here, Mama," he says, crawling into my lap. "It's right here, see?"

"Kink-a-jou. It's kind of like a Lemur. It lives in the rainforest."

[Oh, for pete's sake!!]

4 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

LOL, that's awesome. Kids are the best!

MommaD said...

oh my, that made me laugh so hard! my boys come up with things like this all of the time! following now from MBC!

The Wallace Family said...

Oh I love it! That is too funny. Never a dull moment when kids are involved!!

Jo Anna Guerra said...

Seriously. Just don't know how many mini-heart attacks a mother can take!