Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MAMA LADY IS DEFEATED ONCE AGAIN BY STUPENDOUS MAN'S OVERPOWERING MALAPROPISMS

"...and now comes Stupendous Man, lover of liberty, foe of tyranny!"

Tromp. Tromp. Tromp.

"Bubba, are you wearing shoes in the house?" I yell from the kitchen.

"...with stupendous hearing, Stupendous Man hears a cry from a distant alleyway...only Stupendous Man can save the day!!!"

Tromp. Tromp. Tromp.

"Chaguito, shoes off," I say again.

Tromp. Tromp. Tromp.

"Mom," she sing-songs from the kitchen table, "...he's got his rainboots on," his sister rats.

"Santiago GaƩl." I hands-on-hips him. "Now."

"Ah," he says, his index finger raised high into the air, "...just as I suspected, foiled by my evil arch nemesis, Mom Lady and her ever-nosy sidekick, Sister Girl!!"

"March, Stupendous Man. Shoes in the garage please."

Three minutes later, he walks back into the kitchen in just his white t-shirt and boxers.

"Whoa. What happened, Stupendous Man? Whatcha doin' in your chones?" I ask.

"Well, as you know, by day, I'm just Mild-Mannered Playboy Santiago."

And then I don't really know what happened next because I think I passed out from the laughter.
...

No comments: