Thursday, February 16, 2006

I GOT A BATMAN!! NO, I GOT A DINOSAUR!!

Ah, the joy of giving, or is it receiving, or is it just getting and getting and getting?

On our way home from school on Tuesday night, for the FULL half-hour drive, I got to hear each and every valentine they received, in intricate detail (and they had 20 -- EACH!!!).

"Mama, look, I got a Strawberry Shortcake," says Saia excitedly. "She has a hat and she's pink."

"Well, I got a Bob the Builder," taunts Chago. "He has a yellow hat and yellow pants."

"But I have a Winnie-the-Pooh," hails Saia. "He has no pants. Mommy doesn't like him."

"Oooh, but I have a Tigger!!!" yells Chago. "He bounces and bounces and bounces."

And they go on and on and on...

And I guess I just didn't realize how many commercial products they could actually identify without ever having owned one (okay, maybe one) or seen a commercial for one (definitely not). How is that possible? How, in the short 6 months that they've been in school could they possibly have tripled their vocabulary with brand names?

I'm both proud and disgusted all at once.

No comments: