Friday, June 16, 2006

FRIDAY'S TODDLER PERSPECTIVES

THE TIDE IS (not) HIGH

"Mama, why is the water torn?" asks Saia as we come over the bridge on the way to school yesterday morning.

"Torn? What do you mean, baby?" I ask as I scan the bay for clues.

"Right there," she says, almost teary eyed as she points to the tidal shelf. "It's broken in two."


THE BUTT OF THEIR JOKES (sorry, no photos available)

#1

Standing up from the potty and pulling up my skirt with my totally retro chainlink belt dangling dangerously down my...um...lower back regions when Saia screams out, "Mama!! Be careful!!! You've got a leash up your butt!"

#2

Totally different day. Less than half dressed, brushing my teeth, Chago on the potty.

"Mama, are you going to work like that?" he asks very disapprovingly.

"Well, no, son. Do I ever go to work naked?"

"No, because everyone would want to touch your butt."

[Well, I don't know about all that, but hey, I'll take all the compliments I can get these days!]

No comments: