Thursday, June 10, 2010

STUCK IN A DRAFT STATE

I have 14 posts in DRAFT state right now, at least one of which goes all the way back to January.

FOUR. TEEN.

JA-NU-ARY, people!

It's June now.

Am thinking this says way too much about my life, about me as a person, and about my caffeine intake.

[So, pay no attention to this man behind the curtain.]

It's the same reason my novel, collection of short stories & poems, and children's book series are all in a state of incompletion.

It's the same reason my suitcase from my trip to Indy is still sitting at the foot of my bed, only partially unpacked.

It's the same reason there's still a box of framed pictures in the living room, just waiting to be hung, begging to be freed, for 10 months now.

It's the same reason I can't even walk into my walk-in closet for fear of impaling my foot on the pile of heels and sandals congregating right there in the middle and extending out to cover every inch of the closet floor.

It's the same reason I've convinced myself that consulting is fine for me when all I really want to do is get back to working full-time and feeling like part of a team again.

It's the same reason it's been for the last few years.

I'M in a state of incompletion.

I'M stuck in a DRAFT state.

And somebody really needs to tell me how to just suck it up and push SEND already, and preferably before I order those Professional Procrastinator Seeks Perfection (aka, Unobtainium) business cards I've only half-completed on VistaPrint.
...

1 comment:

girlranting said...

What I am hearing from you is that you are a tad depressed... And I recognize the symptoms because I have been like that myself from time to time... Have you considered therapy, or going to a counselor who can help you? I did, and I got on antidepressants for a while, which helped a lot... Dunno if you believe in medicatiion for that or not, but it's an option you could consider...