Wednesday, August 24, 2005


The Gargantuan Misunderstanding

Last night as we were getting ready for bed and the kids were saying their respective goodnights to Mema, Chago says excitedly, "Mema, it was immense!" She looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders. He couldn't have just said immense, we both thought. "What was that, Chago?" she asks kneeling in front of him, "Mema didn't understand."

"I said that was IMMENSE!" he yells into her face [because apparently they both now think she's becoming a little hard of hearing]. "Oh, okay," says Mema a little astounded, "and what was immense, Chago?" So then Saia steps in front of Chago, looks Mema right in the eye, and very matter of factly explains, "Enormous...Big, Mema."

[Wow. They must really think we're all just a bunch of idiots.]

1 comment:

Jo Anna Guerra said...

I couldn't make this up if I tried!