Friday, October 14, 2005



Show & Tell

So, they did actually take their little tangerine-sized pumpkins to school yesterday for show and tell.

The night before, I kept asking them to tell me what they were going to say. I mean, come on, all great presentations require at least a little preparation. But no, not with these two. They were gonna wing it. And I was getting nervous. Come Thursday morning, we're getting everything ready to go. I make sure they've got their pumpkinitos and ask them one last time if they're going to talk about the traffic on the way to the pumpkin patch, or the christmas tree farms we passed by, or walking through the pumpkin patch and tossing pumpkins into the wheelbarrow, or jumping in the bouncy house, or watching the train, or...

"No, Mom," interrupts Chago, "I'm going to talk about the worm that lives inside my pumpkin." "WORM?!?!" "Yes, here, look," he shoves it in front of my face. "Just like The Very Hungry Caterpillar," explains Saia. And wouldn't you know it, there were at least 4 little worm holes eating away at that poor sorry excuse for a gourd.

Ewwwwww, I thought. Do I really want to send my children to school with worm-infested pumpkins. Eh...you know what? At least they were excited to talk about something.

[and the worms would be out of my house]

No comments: