Friday, May 12, 2006

GUESS WHO CAN ROLL HER R'S??? (finally!)

"No, no, it's tiburrrrrón*, Saia," says Chago, rolling his r's like Antonio Aguilar.

"TibuYÓN," she says.

"No, Saia," he says gently, "say Ti..."

"Ti," she repeats.

"Say bu..." he continues.

"Bu," she says.

"Rrrrrrón," he exaggerates. "You have to roll your r's," he reminds her. Again.

"I AM!!" she says, getting more and more exasperated, as she's been trying for almost 2 years now to get her erres right.

"Ti-" she begins again, pouting a little, but persistent. "Bu...RRRRÓN!" she exclaims.

"YAY, SAIA!!" he screams, "You did it!!!"

"Tiburrrón! Tiburrrón! Tiburrón!" she yells.

"I teached you to roll your r's, Saia!" he beams.

"Yes, Bubba, you taught her very well!" I say into the rearview mirror.

"Yes, I did," he agrees. "I taught her very well."

"Thank you, Chago, for teaching me to roll my r's," she says. "I'm going to tell my teacher that I want to be a tiburrrón all day today."

[That you are, baby. That you are.]

[Love, love, love mornings like this.]

*tiburón = shark in Spanish

3 comments:

Big Mama said...

Oh, that's fantastic! Just wanted to pop over and wish you both the most Happy Mother's Day. You are the best mothers I have seen in a very long time.

Sonya said...

Very awesome indeed!

Jo Anna Guerra said...

Thank you soooo much, Sonya and Big Mama. Very sweet of you to say!

Happy Mother's Day to you both, as well.