Monday, May 08, 2006

NOT QUITE MICKEY MOUSE...

So, we experienced two more firsts this weekend. 1) They got invited (and we actually made it) to their first birthday party, and 2) it was at Chuck E. Cheese's.

Jammin'

Whack-a-Mole

The Other Mouse

Skeptical
Click on a photo above to enlarge.

All in all, they appeared to have had a pretty great time. We lost Chago for a good 6 minutes in the overhead tunnels, but, of course, once Mommy kicked off her shoes and climbed into the pipes to find him, he had already made his way through to the end and was coming down the slide smiling from ear to ear.

Saia dominated the games, slamming down sledgehammers and throwing basketballs like a pro.

They cashed in all the tickets they won for (collectively) a couple of bling-bling rings, a beetle, a lizard, a sling-shot airplane, and two plastic goldfish.

It was a great afternoon, but honestly, one I don't think I'd like to repeat. That place just scared the bejeezus out of me. Seriously. The mouse, the music, the MTV-like videos, the Vegas-style games, the hundreds of screaming children. I'd take Disneyland any day of the week and twice on Sunday before walking into that place again.

And yes, as I write this, I do realize that they'll be invited to at least 500 more parties there over the next 4 years, so I better just get used to it, take a jug of chamomile tea, and go to my happy place.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Ahhh yes... Chuck E Cheese. It is such a crazy place. I hope we can avoid having a b-day party there... we shall see.