Tuesday, May 30, 2006

NO BEES FOR YOU!!!

[cough! cough! cough!]

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"What is it, Bubba? Do you have a frog stuck in your throat?"

"Yeth." [sniff, sniff]

"Would you like some water?"

"No, I think only honey will make me feel better."

"Alright, son, but just a tiny bit because the bees made this very special just for you and Saia, so we don't want to use it all up, okay?"

"'kay."

[Next morning. 5:45am. Chago talking to Saia in their beds.]

"And then the bees made me a veeeeeery special honey. And I ate it all up. And it made me feel all better today."

"Saia, Chago, it's time to wake up," calls Mommy from the other room.

"Wait, Mommy," says Saia, "Chago's telling me a story. And then what happened, Chago?"

"And then the bees made me a veeeeeery special honey. And I ate it all up. And it made me feel better," he says. Yes, again.

"Show me," she demands.

[fake cough]

"See?" he says, "all gone."

"Wow. Do the bees have honey for me, too?" she asks.

"Um...nope. Only me."

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Awesome story!

Jo Anna Guerra said...

I know. Sometimes -- sometimes -- they just kill me. (in a good way)