Saturday, April 03, 2010

CASCARONES, CASCARONES, TRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAAA

It's that time again, folks!

And we're happy to report that we were able to save 6 1/2 dozen eggshells since the beginning of the year (or right after Superbowl -- no, I don't know why that's my trigger).

And maybe because the monsters are a whole year (and 3 weeks) older, the egg-dyeing and stuffing and sealing process all seemed so much easier and calmer, and really just generally less messy -- which is just not something we're used to 'round here.

Well, for all except Lizzy, that is, who somehow managed to get dye all over her face -- and without any help from the kiddos, either. :P

But, anyway, we finished the whole project in less than 2 hours. Here's Saia giving a little instruction on how to stuff and seal your cascarones properly (although she cleverly tries to hide the fact that she's accidentally crushed the shell she's using in her demo). Bull in a china shop, she is.


And here's Chago showing the world how calm and focused he can really be when he's doing something that he loves.


For those of you still unable to remember to start saving your shells in January, you can always cheat and order your pre-dyed and stuffed confetti eggs from here, here, and here. Just don't tell me about it.
...

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I didn't realize I had a cameo. Thanks for getting me during a Lizzy moment...the only one who got dye on his/her face. Fun times. I had a blast. Makes me miss Chago and Saia...and you, of course. :-)