Sunday, April 25, 2010

EARTH: THE MOVIE -- GEEZ, A LITTLE WARNING ABOUT THE POLAR BEAR WOULDA BEEN NICE

So, remember how I said we didn't get to go see Oceans on Earth Day because of the oh-so-very-bad-day?

Well, as I happened to Target (far too frequently in my unemployment, it's true) earlier in the week to pick up The Godforsaken Squeakquel (yes, that IS the official title), I also saw and picked up the first in the Disney Nature series, Earth, which was released on Earth Day last year:


And it was all awesomeness and wowza. Truthfully. It was simultaneously riveting and tranquil. Enthralling and serene. But, of course, how could it not be, what with the being lulled hither and fro by the voice of Darth Vader himself? Who WILL the world use for vocal royalty once the great James Earl Jones has passed?

And the kids even managed the ebb and flow of birth and death pretty well. Although, I'm telling you now, had that baby elephant bit the dust, I would've flat out sued Disney for mental anguish!!!

And we were doing fine...laughing ... and smiling ...and oohing and ahhing.

Right. Up. Until. The freaking polar bear curled up in exhaustion and starvation in the middle of a herd of walrus...and died.

And the boy broke into hysterics.

Thank you, thank you very much, Disney. I'll be sending you the therapy bill.
...

No comments: