Sunday, January 17, 2010

ALLIE THE ALLIGATOR IS A STALKER, AND AN ODD TANGENT ON BEYONCE'S SINGLE LADIES








So, Chago finally got to keep Allie the Alligator for a weekend. And it was the long MLK weekend, too, so he was doubly thrilled to be getting an extra day. And no, I don't really get the appeal. I mean, the boy has, like, 46,000 alligators of his own, but this one, this promiscuous little thing that's spent every weekend since school started at every single one of his classmate's homes (and is most definitely worse for the wear), this one he's super excited about.

It's odd. I agree.

But anyway, the deal is that Allie has to go everywhere you go and do everything you do -- for the entire weekend. And the boy who barely remembers to pull on his skivvies in the morning suddenly has absolutely no problem remembering EVERY SINGLE TIME we went ANYWHERE or did ANYTHING all weekend long to bring along his little green buddy.

So, we documented the whole weekend in pictures, and then he had to write in Allie's journal an accounting of her time with him. From playing games on the computer, to just riding in the truck, to attending his karate class, to going to the farmer's market, to meeting (and taunting) Errol & Burt (the frogs), to watching a Colts game -- in full gear, no less, and, finally, going to see Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. (Oh, yes...we did.)

And now can't seem to stop Saia from prancing around the housing singing at the top of her lungs, "I'm a single lady, I'm a single lady!" And yes, of course I know those aren't the words, but this is not a conversation I'm really ready to have with my 6-year-old daughter:

"No, no, honey, it's I'm up on him, he up on me, don't pay him any attention..."

Uh...yeah...I don't think so.
...

No comments: