Thursday, April 06, 2006

THE SUN ALSO RISES -- BUT MUCH TOO SOON

I did it!!!

Ugh. Bad night. Not quite sure what was going on.

Saia was especially cranky, pissy, moany, weepy, whiny -- ALL. DAMN. NIGHT.

She would wake up crying for no apparent reason. One of us would eventually go in there, talk her down from the ledge, find out it was nothing, and get her back to bed.

This happened at least 3 times -- for EACH of us!!

In a brief moment of sleep-deprived lucidity, it finally occurred to me to ask her whether or not she'd taken a nap a school, to which she replied...(yes, I know, it's not really a surprise is it...) NO!!! No nap today!

But when I picked them up from school, did they tell me they took their naps? Of course they did. They wouldn't get their after-school treats otherwise. And now that they're in the 3-yr-old classrooms, apparently those teachers don't provide daily progress reports, so I'm having to trust them to tell me whether or not they've had a time-out, too. And wouldn't you know that according to Bonnie & Clyde here neither of them have had one all week.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking...I'm so freaking gullible. I'm calling today to set up parent-teacher conferences before the kids convince me that the world is flat.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Oh wow... our kids are so different. IF our girls' do get a nap... might as well kids bedtime good bye! All it takes is a 15 minute snooze and we are up till all hours.