Monday, March 09, 2009

AND NOW, FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF ORAL REPORT

With Pukefest 2009 safely Oxy'd away, we were finally able to get back to putting the finishing touches on our oral reports this afternoon.

The theme was March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb, so Chago chose to do his report on a lion.  Saia chose the lamb.  Their basic requirements were to develop a cover page, answer a few general questions, do a little research and come up with at least two unusual facts about each.  They'll be presenting their reports to their class and to the third grade class sometime this week.

Presenting, people!  At 5 years old! I can't be the only one who thinks this is crazy.

But, naturally, we went overboard.  Yes, WE -- the royal we.  Hey, I don't have a job right now.  What do you THINK I'm gonna be doing if not doting on my children and pageant-momming their every single project?!  Do you not know me at all???

So, they worked really hard all last week to find 10 interesting facts each.  Yes, I know the teacher asked for two.  But ten is a nice round number, too.  Shut up.



And they jotted everything down in their notebooks and then off we went to Michael's on Thursday to find posterboards for her LAMB BINGO and his ODD FACTS ABOUT LIONS (their own titles, by the way).


Then they took each of their facts and annotated them to fit them onto their posters. His under fact wheels. Hers under numbered sticky notes.


And except for standing over them with a whip and and egg timer, I really didn't do anything at all.

Once they've given their presentations at school this week, I'll videotape them at home and post their final products.

So, stay tuned.




1 comment:

CJ said...

I can't wait to see the videos! They LOOK like they are enjoying it!