Wednesday, March 04, 2009

WELL-WORLD WEDNESDAY

Okay, so I'm posting this on Friday for the Wednesday I missed this week, but I wanted to get into the habit of posting some easy things you can do around the house to help conserve energy and minimize your carbon footprint while saving money -- me, being the one without the jobby job, you know, and any source of substantial income (or social interaction, let's not forget).

So, I found this amazing list of stuff you can today -- for free -- and some other stuff you can do for very little -- that will make you feel like you're actually doing something besides just separating the cans from the glass from the plastics.

Granted, most of it is common sense, but I'm totally guilty of being non-sensical on a daily basis, so it doesn't pain me too much to get whacked over the head now and again with a reminder.

At the top of my "who knew?" list, though, are these little gems:
  • Disconnect the microwave bulb (yes, I, too, thought the bulb had something to do with the cooking, but evidently, no)
  • Unbundle wet laundry before placing in dryer (and then use dryer's moisture sensor)
  • Place newspaper under mattress to trap heat (am guessing conservative right-wing papers would retain more hot air, too)

No comments: